Put Trial Tested Attorneys In Your Corner After An Accident Or Injury
When someone else’s negligence results in serious or catastrophic injuries – or worse, death – it can be hard to navigate those first few steps, especially if you have no experience with this sort of thing or you feel like you have no one to turn to. The situation only gets worse when you start dealing with insurance adjusters who only see the insurance company’s bottom line with no regard for your pain and suffering and mounting medical bills. Don’t let the insurance company’s intimidation tactics convince you to settle for less than you deserve. Contact Mott & Moffett LLP today to speak with an attorney.
At Mott & Moffett LLP, we understand what you are going through, and we will help you make sense out of the confusion. Our passion for listening to and telling our clients’ stories as well as our decades of combined litigation experience put personal injury victims in the perfect position to stand up to insurance companies and seek justice for their injuries. Whether you live in the Houston metro or surrounding areas, the legal team at Mott & Moffett LLP will stand up for your best interests every step of the way.
Understanding Your Rights In A Personal Injury Case
Under Texas law, filing a personal injury lawsuit has two stipulations:
- The complaint must be filed within two years of suffering injuries in an accident.
- You must prove that the other party was negligent and failed to exercise the degree of care expected to prevent injury or death.
While this might seem simple and straightforward, Texas personal injury laws can be incredibly complex, especially when you factor in insurance providers, the number of parties involved and, possibly, third-party negligence such as product defects or other forms of negligence.
Attorneys Jedediah D. “Jed” Moffett and Mike Mott have decades of combined litigation experience and a deep understanding of Texas personal injury laws. They will not only help you understand your rights and options, but they will also guide you through every step of filing a personal injury claim and passionately advocate for the best possible outcome.
Successfully Handling A Range Of Accident Cases And Injuries
To better serve the Houston metro and surrounding areas, our attorneys are equipped to handle a variety of personal injury claims, including:
- Motor vehicle accidents: Including car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, pedestrian and rideshare accidents
- Driver negligence: Including drunk driving, distracted driving and reckless driving crashes
- Commercial vehicle accidents: Including accidents caused by driver negligence, fatigue, inadequate training, improper vehicle maintenance, defective truck parts and trucking company negligence
- Products liability: Including defective or dangerous household appliances and items, children’s toys and products, vehicle designs and automotive parts, and medical devices
- Municipal negligence: Including claims involving defective road designs, absent or ineffective signage, and road or road structure failures
- Premises liability: Including slip-and-falls, trip-and-falls, negligent security, dog bites and other forms of property owner negligence
- Chemical exposure and industrial accidents: Affecting workers and civilians near the accident site
- Medical malpractice: Including medication errors, surgical mistakes, delayed or missed diagnoses, unnecessary treatment and general hospital negligence
- Catastrophic or disabling injury: Including broken bones, severe lacerations, internal organ damage, spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, burn injuries and amputations
- Wrongful death: Related to any of the accident types mentioned above
In any accident case, we will help you identify the short-term and long-term costs associated with your injuries so that you receive adequate compensation to cover medical and hospital bills, prescription medications, doctor’s visits, physical therapy, long-term care, medical equipment, disability accommodations to your home and lost wages.
Our Approach Gives Our Clients The Advantage
At Mott & Moffett LLP, we understand that choosing the right attorney can make all the difference in a personal injury case, and we believe that our unique experiences and backgrounds make us the perfect advocates for our clients.
We believe in telling our clients’ stories and keeping the focus on the human element, not the dollar signs. We build strong cases for our clients by looking at all the facts and reaching out to experts, such as medical professionals and accident reconstructionists, to ensure we are presenting the complete story.
Our hard work and dedication don’t stop there. While we hope to settle amicably at the negotiation table, we know this may not always happen, which is why we prepare every case to withstand the intense scrutiny of a judge and jury.
The millions of dollars in settlements we have secured for our clients are a testament to our devotion to our clients and doing right by them.
Let Us Tell Your Story. You Deserve To Be Heard.
Because of the statute of limitations on personal injury claims in Texas, it’s important not to hesitate in contacting our firm if you believe your injuries were caused by someone else’s negligence.
Contact us for a free initial consultation. Let us review your case and explain your options. You don’t have to take on this burden alone. To reach our Houston office, call 713-489-0700. You can also contact us online by completing our contact form.